Dean Ornish, MD
- Practical Applications in Integrative Health: Innovations Across the Spectrum of Care
- Thursday - Saturday, March 27-29, 2014
- Renaissance Asheville Hotel, Asheville, North Carolina
- Click here to book your room at a reduced group rate!
- Pre-Conference Date/Time
- Thursday, March 27, 2014; Pre-Conference Workshop
- Registration: 12:00 PM- 1:00 PM
- Program: 1:00 PM- 4:30 PM
Today’s patients are savvy consumers demanding a more holistic approach to healthcare. Nearly 1 in 3 patients in the U.S. seek complementary medical treatments to
supplement conventional care. Patients are asking providers about the medical value of complementary or alternative practices and seek recommendations or referrals
for these services. In response to this growing demand, physicians and healthcare providers are searching for credible information, evidence, and best-practices for
complementary modalities in order to address the benefits or risks of these treatments with their patients.
In our sixth year, Practical Applications in Integrative Health: Innovations Across the Spectrum of Care will:
- Allow attendees to develop a robust knowledge of evidence-based complementary medical therapies commonly prescribed to supplement conventional care;
- Assist providers in developing methods for incorporating evidence-based complementary medicine into conventional practice models;
- Supply attendees with numerous, easy to implement tools designed to assist providers in delivering integrative, holistic care.
Be inspired and enhance your practice on Monday! Let our renowned speaking faculty guide your path to discovering Practical Applications in Integrative Health.
Dates and Times
|Friday, March 28, 2014|
|Registration:||6:30 AM - 7:45 AM|
|Program:||7:45 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Saturday, March 29, 2014|
|Registration:||6:30 AM - 8:00 AM|
|Program:||8:00 AM - 5:15 PM|
Physicians, Mid-Levels (Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants), Registered Nurses, Nutritionists, Registered Dietitians, Naturopaths, Chiropractors,
Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Psychologists, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants and Massage Therapists
Upon completion of this educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss the current state of health, particularly chronic and/or preventable disease, and impact of integrative health on patient outcomes
- Analyze the research and best-practices in evidence-based complementary therapies used to supplement conventional medical practices
- Describe tools and resources commonly used by integrative health practitioners to assist providers in maximizing treatment options for management of patients with chronic disease
- Assess the importance of partnering with the patient for improving health
- Introduce and foster a holistic approach to delivering healthcare in daily practice
The Integrative Healthcare Conference will be held at the Renaissance Asheville Hotel located in the heart of scenic downtown Asheville, NC.
The Renaissance Hotel boasts beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites with 32” TVs and a newly renovated restaurant and public areas.
Other amenities include concierge services, indoor pool, whirlpool, and fitness center. Step outside and you will find yourself surrounded by
scores of superb restaurants and bistros, museums, theaters, art galleries, and trendy boutiques.
Click here to book your room at a reduced group rate! Offer expires March 14, 2014.