New Location: MAHEC Mary C. Nesbitt Biltmore Campus Asheville, NC
The conference offers up to 21 credit hours, a wide array of credit options and is designed for substance abuse, mental health, psychology, criminal justice,
human services and healthcare professionals. Join us at our new location in Asheville, NC on the MAHEC Mary C. Nesbitt Biltmore Campus April 30-May 2, 2014.
- One- to three-day options available with a special Healthcare Provider “Express Track” on Friday May 2nd.
- Can’t attend in person? Join us via webinar for select sessions
- Registration Fees:
- $120 for Preconference Full Day or $60 for the half day$360 for the Full Conference (Preconference plus Main) 4/30-5/2 Best Value!
- $325 for the Main Conference starting 5:30PM 4/30-5/2
- $115 for Healthcare Provider Express Track 5/2
- $50 for webinar selections
Over the last two decades, research has provided critical insight about what works to prevent, treat, and sustain recovery for women and families impacted by substance use disorders.
Since women were not often included in research prior to the 1990’s, it is a priority of the conference to ensure that participants can update their knowledge, skills and abilities
based on up to date research and recommended practice.
At the 2014 conference, the content of each session will support the recommendations set forth by SAMHSA/CSAT to address the specific needs of women by training providers to
- Understand trauma/gender informed care and treatment models
- Identify the importance and role of socioeconomic issues and differences, relationships, and caregiver roles among women
- Recognize roles and gender expectations across cultures that affect societal attitudes toward women who abuse substances
- Address women’s unique health concerns using a developmental perspective
- Understand the importance of an integrated and multidisciplinary approach to women’s treatment that maintains a gender-responsive treatment environment across settings